- Our contact details for any questions about your personal data
- How and why we collect your personal data
- What data we collect and why
- Who we share your data with and why
- How long we will keep your details
- Your rights regarding your data
Rowcroft Hospice is a registered data controller with the Information Commissioners Office and is registered with the Fundraising Regulator.
If you have any queries concerning your personal data, please contact us:
The Data Protection Officer
You may contact us and leave personal information with us by:
- making a donation
- signing up to join in one of our events, including asking someone else to register your details on your behalf
- requesting one of our newsletters
- asking for information, such as further details about volunteering with us
You may also contact us by:
We may ask you for explicit consent for the following information:
- your name
- contact details including address, telephone, email address
- date of birth
- your payment method including credit or debit card bank account details. These details are never stored on our systems, and passed on to our payment processor solely for completing the financial transaction.
- any health problems we may need to be aware of if you are taking part in one of our events
- Your signature (gift aid declarations)
We ask for this information so that we can:
- process your donation or support your fundraising efforts
- thank you for your donations and support
- process and record gift aid and related agency agreement
- identify participants and volunteers at our events; manage their needs and expectations and create a memorable experience
- send you all the information you asked for. You can change your mind about what information you would like to receive at any time.
We may also use this information to:
- keep a record of your relationship with us
- provide you with any products, services or information you ask from us
- manage how you would like to receive information and news from us, and what information you would like to receive
- Understand how we can improve our fundraising and marketing services, products or information.
- Provide you with information that we think you might like to know based on your relationship with us and what you have told us is of interest to you.
Rowcroft Hospice promises never to sell or share your data with any third party for marketing purposes.
We may use your data to make some automated decisions on what information to send you. If you have told us you only wish to hear about certain aspects of our work and activities, we will automatically deselect you from hearing about the aspects you have not selected.
We do share your data with organisations that work on our behalf or supply us with services that require your data to deliver these services. You will always be informed if this is the case when you register for the event.
When we use third party organisations to carry out business operations on our behalf, such as a mailing house, we will implement a contract with the company to ensure that the data is correctly protected and treated with full compliance with processing regulations.
We may use data screening companies to check our records are up to date and accurate. These companies may use information from public records as well as checking against opt out services such as TPS (Telephone Preference Service) and FPS (Fundraising Preference Service). We also make decisions based on what you have told us you would like to hear about. If you have told us you only wish to hear about certain aspects of our work and activities, we will automatically deselect you from hearing about the aspects you have not selected.
We may also need to disclose your details if required to by the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
Your data is safely and securely stored on our database.
We will keep your data six years after your last donation so that we may comply with any financial regulations. Unless you inform us otherwise, we will continue to send you news and information for two years from the time you give us your consent to send you marketing materials. Before the anniversary of the time when you gave us your consent, we will write to you requesting your consent to continue to send you information. You can change your mind about what information we send you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, or by telephoning 01803 210450.
Patient Health Care Records